With the school year coming to a close my free time for reading greatly increases. I thought I would take some time to put together a summer reading list so I have some books (or eBooks) ready for the next few months. So, here is my list (which will not include Fifty Shades of Grey).
- First, I need to finish my April/May Read of the Month Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I picked the book up again while waiting at jury duty last week. I really enjoy the book, I just have very little time in April and May for reading. I really hate not being able to read this time of year.
- Next, I want to read Walter Isaacson's biography of former Apple CEO Steve Jobs. I love my Apple products (although I do not put myself on the level of "crazy fan-boy" status). I have heard many good things about this biography and I look forward to reading it this summer.
- I just blogged about the upcoming Great Gatsby film, based upon one of my favorite novels of all time. Every few years I will re-read F. Scott Fitzgerald's literary classic, and with the new movie coming out later this year, I think it is due for another read. I can usually finish this book in a day or two.
- Ben Fountain's novel, Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk: A Novel looks like an interesting read. I stumbled across this title while searching around on Amazon.
- I know I have mentioned it before, but I really want to give The Harry Potter series a read for the first time. The first novel to read would be book one, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Now that the Harry Potter novels are making their way to the Amazon Kindle Lending Library I may have to finally purchase a Kindle (see more about that in an upcoming Father's Day Tech wish list entry).