We had a Homecoming....Somewhat.
I have not been able to write as much (or read, as I am still working on my September Read of the Month) because I have been trying to provide something close to a homecoming to our students at Carlson High School. Our 2020 "homecoming" all came together last week, culminating on Friday evening. So how did it look? I guess it is easiest to point out what we could and could not provide this year. Why not start with the negatives first, here is what we could not do this year, that we normally do during homecoming time:
- No pep-rallies. These are clearly not permitted by back to school directives from the State of Michigan
- No floats or parade, one of my favorite aspects of homecoming week.
- No dance, I long for the day when we can have 1,000 + kids dancing the night away together
- No full attendance at the Friday game
- We held a spirit week and awarded the Marauder Spirit Jug to the Class of 2021.
- Our varsity cheer team was able to perform for the entire school
- Our seniors selected a homecoming court and our entire school selected a homecoming king and queen.
- Our seniors were able to attend the football game, along with our wonderful marching band. We were able to crown our queen at half-time.
Check out our King Crowning Ceremony Here
- I will finish my September Read of the Month, provide a review and pick a book for October...I promise
- I will share a quick story about my iPhone battery going bad (just as I had one payment left) and how repairs go in the Covid world at an Apple store.
- Hopefully my library will be 100% complete in the near future and I will share some pics/videos and write about the improvements.