This was always one of my favorite posts back when I was keeping up with this blog. "Letters to Santa" are one of my favorite holiday traditions. Yes, I am 45, but that is not going to stop me from writing my letter to Santa. "Black Friday" is the perfect day for this post. Who knows....if there was ever a year we could all use a visit from Santa it is 2020. In order of importance to me.....here we go:
- A safe, effective Covid 19 vaccine: This is top on the list because it will make everything about 2021 better for so many others, not just for me
- All those first responders and medical personnel, that have difficult jobs in normal times, will have a return to "routine" work days....which are rarely that normal to begin with.
- Small business owners, especially those in dining, entertainment, leisure, and travel industries can thrive and survive. I miss being able to meet my dad and friends for beers at the local bar. I miss travel.
- All my friends in education, working like crazy to educate children in the COVID era, can return to routine school days back in our buildings. Students can enjoy things like dances, assemblies, packed cafeterias, and graduation ceremonies. Hard working parents no-longer have to teach and work from home.
- Maybe, just maybe I can repay my father for all the Steeler games he took me to growing up and treat him to a game next NFL season along with my own son.
- A new, mirrorless camera: Ok, I was not that selfish with item one, but now it is "me" time. I bought by current camera in 2009, and it has served me well after one repair but it is cleary time to update and upgrade. I think I want to move on from an SLR camera into mirrorless. I am currently debating between the Sony a6400 or the Fujifilm X-T30. Any photographers out there that want to provide their input I am willing to listen.
Currently, I am leaning toward the Sony, that will change soon I am sure.
- A Sony PlayStation 5: It is for my son, I swear
- A Promised Land: I love me some books, I love me some Obama. This is a no brainer.
|My first "Read of the Month" in 2021? I hope so....|