October Read of the Month Review
It is the first day of the month, that means it is time to review my "Read of the Month" from last month. My pre-ordered copy of Mick McCabe's Golden Yearbook finally arrived and it is going to be a great addition to the library at Carlson High School. It is a great book for any sports fan in Michigan. Here are some reasons why I am such a fan of the book:
I will probably purchase another copy so that I have two available for staff and students to check out in the coming weeks. My only "beef" with the book, when McCabe lists his top 100 school mascots in Michigan he mentions the "Marauders" of Warren Mott....not Gibraltar.....come on man! I will still give it a 5/5 if you are a big sports fan, order your copy here: Now to find a book for November.
- A thorough review of the top "All-Time" Michigan High School football and basketball athletes and coaches
- A thorough review of the top "All-Time" football and basketball teams
- Some great stories about some of the most famous prep stars and coaches in Michigan history.
- Rankings of Michigan prep stadiums, school nicknames, and concession stands (something I am always reviewing while coaching/attending events).
- Outstanding photographs from The Detroit Free Press archives
- McCabe's outstanding writing, which always makes me laugh and think.
|Not Going to lie, it was cool to get a "Shout Out" from the Son of Swami himself|